What can be a better companion than a pet for a single person or a family? People love dogs, and the name mini bernedoodle recently came to light among the dog breeds. So, for those who want an intelligent, trainable, and good-tempered dog for their family, this breed is an excellent option for pet owners. But it’s essential to give them a fair share of attention. They are an extremely jolly breed and love to play around, so they need ample space to move freely.
About the Dog Breed:
The Small Bernedoodle breed is originally a mixed breed dog; it’s a cross between the Bernese Mountain Dog and the Miniature Poodle. Like the parent breeds, the Bernedoodle also has a good temper that perfectly accompanies family and kids. Then, they are intelligent, which makes it easier to train them.
Also, the crossbreed of Bernese and poodle is quite energetic, like the Miniature Poodle, and loves to socialize like the Bernese Mountain Dog. This dog breed has traits of both incredible dog breeds.
Appearance of This Dog Breed:
The appearance of the Bernedoodle is fascinating. It has the looks of its parent breed; for example, the coat color is similar to the Bernese, but the coat texture is almost exactly like the poodle. So, they have a unique look because of the curly, coarse, and thick coat.
Also, based on the parent’s coat shade, the mini crossbreed can be black and brown, tri-color or black.
Then, about the size, people call the breed mini bernedoodle for a reason: they are considered a small breed of dog. It is around 17 to 21 inches, weighing approximately 24 to 47 pounds. If it’s a male dog, then the height and weight can be higher than this. So it will make it easier for the owner to groom the small-sized dog.
Health of This Dog Breed:
Generally, the Bernedoodle doesn’t have many health issues and a life span of 10 to 12 years. But problems such as Hip and elbow dysplasia, Degenerative Myelopathy, skin issues, and digestive issues can occur without proper nutrition and care. So, the owners must look after it and have their vet check-ups and vaccination on time.
Required Care for This Dog Breed:
Every dog requires and deserves proper care; similarly, small-sized Bernedoodle owners have to take some responsibility for providing adequate care to this breed.
- This dog breed is filled with a lot of energy. Hence, they must exercise regularly or walk for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- They are social dogs, so tying them at home all the time should be avoided. Owners can easily let their dogs play with others under their watch.
- Bernedoodle had a risk of having Hip and elbow dysplasia. That’s why it’s essential to feed them fat and protein-rich food.
- Regular vet check-up is essential to ensure the dog’s gut health and allergy.
- It has a long and curly coat, but the amount of shedding is low; hence, combining them three to four times a week is fine to avoid tangled coats.
- They need proper grooming to trim the long coat around the eye and paw areas once a month.
The mini bernedoodle, is an exciting breed that can bond intensely with kids. But as the pet owners, fulfilling the dog’s requirements is essential. Therefore, handling this breed can be a little tricky for the first-time dog owner.